We’re so excited that winter here in Tahoe has been pretty amazing so far. Considering we’ve had a few quiet winters the last few years, it’s really exciting to see the town so full of life and the ski resorts, sledding hills, snowmobile rentals, snowshoe rentals and more thriving! It looks like winter could go well on into the spring months but whether it’s a snowy day or a bluebird day, there are still many ways to enjoy everything Tahoe has to offer. Below we have listed the upcoming Tahoe events for winter/spring of 2016:
- Fridays & Saturdays – Tahoe Moonshine Distillery Tours & Tasting – Every Friday and Saturday from 2 – 9pm Tahoe Moonshine Distillery offers tastings and guided tours are at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00pm
- Fridays – Fish Taco Friday at Riva Grill – Riva Grill is back with their Fish Taco Friday where they have great food and drink specials and live music as well, 6:30 – 10:00pm
- Saturdays January 2nd, February 13th and March 12th – Guided Snowshoe Trek at the Erhman Mansion – $10 to park and then this guided snowshoe trek is free. This 90 minute walk will teach you the history of the Erhman Mansion
- Wednesday – Sunday – The Improv at Harvey’s – Every week comedians and actors delight us with The Improv. Must be 21 or older to attend. Check their site to see which performers will be performing
- January 8th – 15th – South Tahoe Restaurant Week – This year’s theme is ‘Made with Altitude’ and there are 25 restaurants participating this year. Some of the restaurants have a set price for a prix fixe menu and others offer various discounts and specials
- January 14th, 21st & 28th – Food & Beverage Pairings at Lake Tahoe Golf Course – January 14th is beer and bratwurst night as well as snowshoe races. January 21st is tapas and wine. January 28th is beer and bratwurst. Each event is $25 per person. Contact email@example.com for more information
- January 22nd – 24th – Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella at the South Tahoe High School – Check out this beautiful musical production the 22nd and 23rd at 7:00pm and the 24th at 2:00pm Tickets are $15 for adults, and $10 for students 18 and under
- January 29th – Mid-Winter Beach Party Crab Feed – The Lake Tahoe Kiwanis Club hosts the 34th annual crab feed at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. Tickets are $40 and on top of lots of crab, there is also a silent auction and live music
- February 8th – 11th – Snowsports Week – Sierra at Tahoe is teaming up with the Barton Foundation and for these four days, lift tickets will be only $50! Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be sold at Sierra. The proceeds benefit the Barton Foundation, Lake Tahoe Community College Foundation, Lake Tahoe Educational Foundation, Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care and Sierra-at-Tahoe Education foundation.
- February 14th – Valentine’s Day in South Lake Tahoe – Many of the restaurants here in Tahoe offer special Valentine’s Day menus and some of the hotels or spas offer special spa packages. Contact your favorite restaurant today and start making plans for that special someone!
- February 20th – Snowshoe Races at the Beacon – Racers run on snowshoes with a tray of cocktails in their hand down the beach – a fun spectacle for all! It’s free to race and prizes are given away. Live music and drink specials as well.
- February 27th & 28th – The Rahlves Bonzai Tour at Kirkwood – Over these two days watch as skiers and snowboarders compete in this big mountain terrain. Hosted by world champion Daron Rahlves – there will also be fun after parties and events near the resort.
- March 5th – Dancing with the Tahoe Stars – This event returns for its 4th year at Mont Bleu where 10 locals compete for the mirror ball trophy. Three judges pick the winner but you get the chance to vote for the crowd favorite. Tickets can be purchased here.
- March 6th – Something Blue Wedding Expo – From 11 – 3pm at Mont Bleu, this is the place to be if you or someone you know is getting married in the South Lake Tahoe area. Venues, caterers, florists, DJ’s bakeries, photographers and so much more for you to check out!
- March 17th – St. Patrick’s Day in South Lake Tahoe – Many bars and restaurants offer drink specials to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. The ski resorts in town (if open) usually offer fun events as well. McP’s Taphouse offers live music. Check with your favorite bar or restaurant to see if they’re offering any specials.
- March 25th – Tot Egg Hunt – Kahle Community Park hosts this family friendly event where the Easter bunny hides eggs for the little ones to find. Children can also meet local firemen and climb on the fire truck. Inside Kahle there will be a bounce house, indoor playground and refreshments.