After an awesome winter, the warm weather is quickly approaching and we’re getting excited to enjoy spring and summer in Tahoe. With the ski resorts still open for a few more weeks, now is the best time to hit the slopes in the morning and take a hike along the lake in the afternoon! And summer will be here before we know it so below we have listed the upcoming Tahoe events for spring/summer of 2016:
- Daily from 10:00am – 2:00pm – Open Play at the Tahoe Tot Spot is parent-supervised playtime for newborns to 4 year olds. Different areas for the babies, toddlers and little ones and a new art area.
- Mondays at Zephyr Cove Restaurant – Music Mondays from 4:00-7:00pm where they will have live music, appetizers and drink specials
- Fridays at Riva Grill- Fish Taco Friday – Every Friday is fish taco night at Riva Grill starting at 6:30pm where they will have fish tacos, live music, drink specials and raffles
- Fridays & Saturdays – Killer Dueling Pianos – Through May 28th, every Friday and Saturday, 9:00pm-12:00am, at Blue Nightclub in MontBleu, entry is free
- April 1st – Tahoe Chamber’s Annual Business Expo – Located at Harvey’s Casino, 4:30-8:30pm, this year’s business expo will have 97 local businesses, a silent auction, food and drink samples from local restaurants, and more! Tickets are $10.
- April 2nd – Boarding for Breast Cancer – Sierra at Tahoe is hosting this event which is celebrating it’s 20th year. Boarding for Breast Cancer is a non-profit foundation providing education, support and prevention programs for young people. There will be live music, yoga, snowboarding and more! Sierra at Tahoe will donate $10 for every lift ticket sold.
- April 12th – Spirit of Spring Fundraiser – Edgewood is hosting this fundraiser for the boys and girls club where 100% of the proceeds benefits the boys and girls club. This wine tasting event is from 7:00-9:00pm. Tickets can be purchased in advance and at the door.
- April 22nd – April 23rd – Lake Tahoe Home and Garden Show – This is the 5th annual Lake Tahoe Home and Garden Show where you will meet all types of vendors for anything home or garden related. Admission is free and there will be live music, food, door prizes and drawing prizes. For more info call JoAnn at 530-544-7412
- April 23rd – South Tahoe Earth Day – 10:00am – 3:00pm at Bijou Community Park, there will be live music, crafts, food, educational booths, lots of kid friendly activities, local vendors, a raffle and more. Free bike valet so go green and ride your bike!
- April 23rd – “An Elegant Evening” Fundraiser – Put on by the Soroptomist International of Tahoe Sierra, this annual event is from 5:30 – 10:30pm. The event includes wine and spirit tastings, dinner and a silent auction. Tickets can be purchased on their website
- April 29th – Family Roller Skating Night – Located at Kahle Community Center, bring the whole family from 6:00pm-8:00pm to enjoy roller skating complete withmusic and disco ball! You can bring your own skates (no metal wheels) or rent a pair. Adults – $5, Children under 12 & Seniors – $3, Skate rental – $2
- May 7th – The Marshall Tucker Band – Playing at MontBleu Resort at 8:00pm. Tickets can be purchased here
- May 8th – Mother’s Day – Lots of local restaurants offer special brunch menus in honor of Mother’s Day. Call or check your favorite restaurant’s websites to see what they may offer.
- May 19th – Amgen Tour of California – The men’s and women’s races will each be taking a stage here in South Lake Tahoe as they race around California. The race moves through 12 cities and is nearly 800 miles of riding. Information regarding volunteering can be found here
- May 13th – Campgrounds Opening Day – Many of the campgrounds around South Lake Tahoe are aiming for a May 13th opening at this time, including Camp Richardson, Nevada Beach Campground and Fallen Leaf Campground. It’s time to bring out the s’mores and tents!
- May 27th – May 30th – Lake Tahoe Summer Kick-off Car and Bike Show – Located at Heavenly Village, this is the first car and bike show in South Lake to get summer started. There will be 25 trophies, a poker run, sidewalk sales and a free show
- May 28th – ZOSO – The Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience – 21+, this tribute band puts on quite a show honoring Led Zeppelin. Starting at 7:30pm at Harrah’s Casino. Tickets can be purchased here
- June 3rd – Tiki Tee Off Golf Tournament & Lei Up Luau – Hosted by the Barton Foundation, this event has two tournaments starting at 7:00am and 8:00m with a luau lunch at 1:00pm. Registration includes continental breakfast, kahlua and coffe bar, drink ticket, golf & cart and the luau lunch. Contact Sara Conrad at (530) 543-5909 for more information
- June 4th – 11th – Annual Highway 50 Wagon Train – Starting a Stateline, this re-enactment of the old wagon train goes along Highway 50 all the way to Placerville. There are various stops with entertainment throughout the journey
- June 4th – Day of the Young Child – Located at the Lake Tahoe Community College, this free family day offers childhood activities such as face painting, crafts, beading, clay, bubbles and more! 10:00am – 2:00pm
- June 5th – America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride – This is the 25th annual bike ride around the lake, but this year it will starting and ending at the new Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Cyclists from all over the United States come to participate in this ride. After the ride Hard Rock will be hosting an After Ride Party
- June 18th – Rock Tahoe Half Marathon – This is the 2nd annual Rock Tahoe Half Marathon which is a 13.1 mile course, starting at Spooner Summit and ending at Hard Rock Casino. There’s also plenty of weekend activities including an expo, post-race party and an awards ceremony.
- June 25th – 26th – Race the Lake of the Sky – Throughout the weekend there are various races, vendors, food vendors, and live music. It’s a family friendly event and has become one of the most popular stand up paddleboard race events in the country. You can register now on their website
- End of June – Live at Lakeview Concert Series – We’re still waiting for the exact date but the Live at Lakeview free concert series at the Lakeview Commons/El Dorado Beach is hoping to return at the end of June. Along with the live music there are local vendors, a beer garden, and bike valet. Check their facebook page for future announcements regarding artists performing
Every year Harveys Lake Tahoe has their outdoor concert series – tickets are on sale and some of the shows have already sold out. But if tickets are sold out you could always tailgate – the streets behind Harveys have become a popular destination to park your car and enjoy the music while hanging out with family and friends.