With cold weather officially behind us, people are out and about enjoying summer here in Tahoe. We’re lucky because Tahoe offers a huge variety of outdoor activities including paddle boarding, boating, hiking, swimming, kayaking, biking and so much more! But there’s also plenty of fun events that are worth checking out, in between all the hiking and swimming of course. And even though September is considered a fall month, usually the warm temps continue, sometimes even into October, so we have plenty of time to enjoy all the events during this Tahoe summer! Below we have listed the upcoming Tahoe events for summer/fall of 2015:
- Tuesdays at the American Legion – South Lake Tahoe Farmer’s Market – Every Tuesday from 8am – 1pm, this farmer’s market has local produce, arts & crafts and tasty treats. 2732 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
- Thursday nights at Lakeshore Lodge & Spa – Jazz on the Beach – Every Thursday night Lakeshore Lodge & Spa puts on FREE jazz music – read about why it’s one of our favorite summer activities here
- Fridays at Ski Run – Ski Run Farmer’s Market – June through September, 3-8pm, this farmer’s market has over 25 local vendors, kids activities, live music, local food, a beer garden and more
- Saturdays and Sundays at Elks Club Drive – Tahoe Flea Market – Located at 1635 Elks Club Drive, the Tahoe flea market has new and used items, produce, arts and crafts, and more. May through September, 8am-5pm
- 10th Tee Summer Music Series – Lake Tahoe Golf Course will be hosting this music series scheduled for the 3rd Sunday of each month (June 21st, July 19th, August 16th and September 20th). They are free concerts from 4-8pm
- Live at Lakeview Summer Concert Series – Located at the Lakeview Commons (El Dorado Beach), this annual free summer music series is every Thursday from 4:30-8:30pm, June 25th – August 27th. Along with free music there are local vendors, food vendors, free bike valet, and a beer garden! Check their facebook page for more information
- July 4th – South Tahoe Red, White and Blue Independence Day Party – Beach Retreat & Lodge is hosting Lake Tahoe’s biggest Independence Day party! Multiple DJ’s, magician, full bar, free giveaways all day, all ages welcome. Best of all this event is free! Music starts at noon. Official after party Opal in MontBleu
- July 4th – Lights on the Lake Fireworks – South Lake Tahoe’s fireworks show has been recognized by NBC’s Today show as one of the best fireworks shows in the country! The fireworks are scheduled to begin at 9:45pm and tune into 93.9, the local radio station which syncs the music to the show. Look here for great viewing suggestions
- July 10th – Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival – From July 10th until August 3rd, Sand Harbor State Park hosts the annual Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival. This year they are putting on two shows – Romeo & Juliet as well as the musical The Fantasticks. Tickets can be purchased at laketahoeshakespeare.com
- July 11th – Tahoe Paradise Park’s 50th Birthday Bash – From noon – 8pm Tahoe Paradise Park is celebrating their 50th birthday by inviting people to bring their kayaks and paddleboards, there will be live music, food, arts & crafts and car shows. Email email@example.com for more information
- July 14th-19th – American Century Celebrity Golf Tournament – Here’s your chance to hang around celebrities at this three day, network aired event held at Edgewood Golf Course. You can purchase tickets and wander around and watch the tournament. Celebrities scheduled to appear include Justin Timberlake, Willie Robertson, Jerry Rice, Jake Owen, Kim Alexis, Billy Bush, Cedric the Entertainer, Charles Barkley and more!
- July 25th – Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular Show – This 2 hour and 20 minute show has colorful lasers and lighting effects that sync perfectly to the soundtrack. Paramount’s Laser Spectacular has been touring for over 25 years and has become a cult classic. Tickets can be purchased here
- July 31st – Tahoe Games Bike Nights – At Lake Tahoe Golf Course they will be hosting a cross country course under the full moon for ages 10 and up. The strongly encourage decorating your bike with lights. You can find more information on the On Course Events Facebook page
- August 3rd-7th – Intensive Spanish Summer Institute – Lake Tahoe Community College offers this week long intensive where they offer instruction for all levels of Spanish. In this Spanish Immersion Program there are also 90 cultural breakout sessions
- August 8th-9th – Great Gatsby Living History Festival – Located at the Tallac Historic Site, this two day events features vintage car shows, Gatsby-era fashion, food, live music, Pope House tours and fun for the kids. Tickets can be purchased at TahoeHeritage.org
- August 8th-9th – Meyers Mountain Bike Festival – This two day event at Divided Sky includes a celebration of mountain biking, live music, a beer garden and a kids zone. A $25 donation will help support the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association for riders who want to compete in the Triple Crown Ride
- August 20th-28th – Primal Quest Expedition – After a 5+ year hiatus this exclusive event is returning to Lake Tahoe. Coed teams of 4 are welcome to apply but only 20 teams total are allowed. This is for the adventurer as it includes 400+ miles over 7 days of non-stop hiking, biking, stand up paddle boarding, flat water paddling, down river paddling, ascending and rappelling, caving and more!
- August 22nd – Republican Presidential Forum – Starting at 10am the Nevada Republican Alliance has invited the 12 (as of right now) announced Republican candidates for the 2016 Presidential election to come speak. Lars Larson will be the master of ceremonies at this event at the Harveys Outdoor Arena
- August 23rd – Music in the Park– On August 23rd there will be free music and paddleboard races at Tahoe Paradise Park from 4:30-8:30pm. Kanekoa will be performing ukulele rock so bring a picnic and chairs and enjoy the show
- September 5th – The Great Lake Tahoe Sternwheeler Race – The MS Dixie II and the Tahoe Queen go head to head in a 4 mile race along the southeastern shoreline of Lake Tahoe. The winner gets the coveted Tahoe Cup. Call 800.23.TAHOE for more information
- September 6th – Sample the Sierra – This is the 6th annual farm to fork festival held at Bijou Community Park. There is live entertainment, cooking demonstrations, food, wine, beer art and more! Tickets are available online and the event is 12-5pm.
- September 6th – Labor Day Weekend Fireworks Extravaganza – This annual fireworks show never ceases to amaze! The show starts at 8:30pm and is visible from all over town. Check this site for ideas on where to watch the fireworks.
- September 12th – Fall Festival and Chili Cook Off– This annual event is held at the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Complex from 10am – 4pm and admission is free. The chili cook off is 11am – 3pm. A fun event for the whole family!
- September 19th – City of South Lake Tahoe 50th Anniversary Parade -Beginning at 10am, the parade will run from Al Tahoe down to the Y. Anyone is welcome to participate in the parade and you can fill out a parade entry form here. The theme is Past, Present & Future!
- September 26th & 27th – The Great Lake Tahoe Bike Race & Ride – Over the weekend there are different events happening for competitive riders and non competitive riders. Event t-shirts will be given to all and if competing there are prizes. For more information visit TahoeBikeRace.com
Every year Harveys Lake Tahoe has their outdoor concert series – tickets are on sale and some of the shows have already sold out. But if tickets are sold out you could always tailgate – the streets behind Harveys have become a popular destination to park your car and enjoy the music while hanging out with family and friends.
- July 3rd – Aerosmith
- July 18th – Imagine Dragons
- July 21st – Train: Picasso at the Wheel Summer Tour 2015
- July 22nd – Kenny Chesney: The Big Revival Tour 2015
- August 7th – Jackson Browne
- August 8th – Elton John
- August 13th – Slightly Stoopid
- August 23rd – Dierks Bentley Sounds of Summer 2015 Tour
- September 5th – Sammy Hagar and the Circle
- September 9th – A Very Special Evening with Dave Matthews Band