As the warm weather continues on into October, we can’t help but also notice that the leaves are changing colors and in the early morning and evenings there’s a slight crisp chill to the air. Fall is approaching quickly which means winter (hopefully) won’t be too far behind it. Living here in Tahoe means that before the snow comes we’re able to get outside and continue to enjoy hiking, biking, paddle-boarding and more. And once the snow comes we then get to bust out our snowboards, skis, and snowshoes to enjoy the winter activities found at the lake. Since we’ve had a few dry snow seasons the last couple years, our fingers are crossed and we’re hoping for a big winter! But whether inside or outside in the next few months, below we have listed the upcoming Tahoe events for fall/winter of 2015:
- 7 nights a week at Cabo Wabo – Live Music at Cabo Wabo – 7 nights a week at Cabo Wabo inside Harveys Casino they have live entertainment along with sports, cocktails & appetizers
- Mondays at Himmel Haus – Open Mic Night – Every Monday signups start at 8pm with music starting at 9pm – open mic to anyone who wishes to show off their talent!
- Tuesdays at American Legion – South Lake Tahoe Farmer’s Market – Every Tuesday from 8am – 1pm, this farmer’s market has local produce, arts & crafts and tasty treats. 2732 Lake Tahoe Boulevard. Through the end of October
- Wednesdays on the Tahoe Queen – Pints & Paddles – Wednesday nights through November 11th, enjoy live music and drinks on the Tahoe Queen
- Fridays & Saturdays at BevMo – Tastings & Demonstrations – Every Friday from 4-7pm and Saturday from 2-5pm, BevMo offers tastings featuring beer, wine and more
- October 1st – 4th – Yelp’s Tahoe Getaway – Yelp is hosting a weekend event celebrating all the goodness that Tahoe businesses have to offer! They’ll have special events at different bars and restaurants and are offering discounts at various hotels for people to stay out. Check out their website for more information
- October 3rd – 4th – Fall Fish Fest – This annual festival out at the Taylor Creek Visitor Center gives people the opportunity to see the fall migration of the Kokanee salmon – check out our blog post to read more about it
- October 3rd – 4th – Oktoberfest – 10am – 5pm located at Camp Richardson, this is the 21st annual Oktoberfest. Featuring a beer and wine garden, German food, entertainment, craft booths and more, this event is fun for the whole family!
- October 10th – Fall Food Fest – Put on by the Lake Tahoe Educational Foundation, the Fall Food Fest is is a fundraiser to help out the Lake Tahoe Unified School District. Local restaurants sample out delicious food, wine, beer and there’s live and silent auctions as well. Tickets can be purchased here or at the door
- October 16th – An Evening of Food and Wine Tasting – From 6:30-9:30pm at MontBleu’s convention center, this is the 45th annual Soroptomist International of South Lake Tahoe’s food and wine tasting event. Participants must be 21 or older to attend and the event features wine, appetizers and more!
- October 16th – 18th – South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival – This is the 6th annual Food and Wine Festival presented by Harrah’s and Harvey’s Casinos. Over the weekend they have lots of events including sake tasting, Grey Goose parties at Peek nightclub, wine tasting, whiskey tasting, special dinners, champagne brunches and more!
- October 24th – Freaker’s Ball – Located at MontBleu, this is the oldest and wildest Halloween party thrown in Tahoe. In it’s 37th year, Freaker’s Ball is a party located in 4 different venues around MontBleu. They also have over $10,000 in cash and prizes. Purchase tickets here
- October 29th – November 8th – World Series of Poker Circuit – Harveys Lake Tahoe poker Room hosts the world series of poker circuit where they have different events nightly
- November 5th – Mother Goose on the Loose – Every Thursday at the South Lake Tahoe Library, for 30 minutes they offer an interactive storytime program targeted specifically for ages 0-2.
- November 7th – Lake Tahoe Club Crawl – Must be 21 or older. This club crawl takes you to local bars and nightclubs and your ticket includes welcome shots! Purchase tickets their website. Every Saturday starting at 8pm.
- November 7th – City of South Lake Tahoe’s 50th Anniversary Gala – This special gala is to celebrate Tahoe’s 50th anniversary. Tickets are $65 a person and the event includes appetizers, full course dinner, dessert, a commemorative book and a special video presentation during dinner
- November 14th – Bubbles & Bowties Adult Prom – This is the 3rd annual adult prom which benefits the Nevada Diabetes Association and Camp Buck (a camp for kids with type 1 diabetes ages 7 – 17). Hosted by Tahoe famous Dreu Martin the night includes photo booths, dancing, king and queen raffle and a silent auction
- November 21st – South Tahoe Turkey Trot Fun Run – This annual fun run begins at 10am at Bijou Community Park. They offer prizes for Best Costume and Most Ridiculous Costume so participants are definitely encouraged to dress in fun Thanksgiving attire
- December 4th – 12th – Winter Ignite – Heavenly’s way to kick off the upcoming ski season, their winter ignite festival features music, parties and more! Check their website for updates
- December 2nd – 6th – Festival of Trees and Lights – This multiple day festival is fun for the whole family. Including the beautifully decorated trees, there are also crafts, photos with Santa, a teddy bear hospital, live and silent auctions, gift shop, live entertainment and more!
- December 5th – The Barton Health Gala – This black tie fundraising event features a live and silent auction, multi course dinner, champagne greeting, wine and a featured cocktail which will be chosen during the cocktail contest. All proceeds help to fund our local hospital and community health needs
- December 12th – Jingle Jog Hot Chocolate Fun Run – Similar to the turkey trot fun run in November, this event wants you to dress in your best holiday attire. They will give out prizes at this run for Best Costume and Most Ridiculous Costume
- December 19th – 31st – Heavenly Holidays – During the holiday season Heavenly village hosts their Heavenly Holidays which features carolers, ice sculptors, and a life size snowglobe where you can meet Santa.
- December 29th – 31st – Snowglobe Music Festival – Snowglobe returns to South Lake Tahoe with another three day event filled with music and fun. Located at the Lake Tahoe Community College campus, this music festival features numerous stages, skier and snowboarder displays and more!
- December 31st – New Year’s Eve Celebration – Heavenly Village’s holidays event ends with a bang on New Year’ Eve where they have music, games, fire dancers, a photo booth, ice sculpting performers, fireworks and the world’s only gondola ball drop right at midnight