Our fingers are crossed and we’re hoping for a big white winter! But aside from skiing and snowboarding, and whether inside or outside in the next few months, there are plenty of upcoming Tahoe events to enjoy in the coming months! Below we have listed some exciting events to enjoy during the fall and winter months in the Tahoe area!
- October 21st-23rd- Tahoe Wordwave- A festival of story. Writers, readers, and performers from all around the country will appear in South Lake Tahoe for a three-day festival held on the grounds of Valhalla at the Tallac Historic Site.
- October 21st – 23rd – South Lake Tahoe Food and Wine Festival – This is the 6th annual Food and Wine Festival presented by Harrah’s and Harvey’s Casinos. Over the weekend they have lots of events including sake tasting, Grey Goose parties at Peek nightclub, wine tasting, whiskey tasting, special dinners, champagne brunches and more!
- October 29thth – Freaker’s Ball – Located at MontBleu, this is the oldest and wildest Halloween party thrown in Tahoe. In it’s 38th year, Freaker’s Ball is a party located in 4 different venues around MontBleu.
- October 31st- Halloween day- 2 great places to take the kidos for a safe and fun trick or treat experience. Treat Street held at Lake Tahoe Community College OR Halloween Carnival Celebration held at Kahle Community Center from 4pm-6:30pm.
- October 27th – November 7th – World Series of Poker Circuit – Harveys Lake Tahoe poker Room hosts the world series of poker circuit where they have different events nightly
- November 11th – An Evening of Food & Wine Tasting– Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe features the 46th annual, at MontBleu Convention Center from 6pm-9:30pm. Attendees will sip on incredible wine from approximately 25 of Northern California’s top wineries and sample a wide variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts from approximately 20 of the South Shore’s finest restaurants. 21 years and 0lder
November 7th – City of South Lake Tahoe’s 50th Anniversary Gala – This special gala is to celebrate Tahoe’s 50th anniversary. Tickets are $65 a person and the event includes appetizers, full course dinner, dessert, a commemorative book and a special video presentation during dinner
- November 18th-20th – Annual Valhalla Holiday Faire. The Valhalla Grand Hall will be decorated in a festive Holiday mode with Santa Clause & Miss Clause for great photo op. Twenty-plus local vendors and artists will be offering a varied assortment of hand-made and other special items for purchase. Santa Claus comes to visit as local school choirs and other musical groups perform Saturday and Sunday.
- November 18th –Opening Day at Heavenly Ski Resort – The kick off of the 2016-2017 Lake Tahoe ski and ride season!
- December 1st – 10th – Winter Ignite – Heavenly’s way to kick off the upcoming ski season, their winter ignite festival features music, parties and more! Check their website for updates
- December 1st – 4th – Festival of Trees and Lights – This multiple day festival is fun for the whole family. Including the beautifully decorated trees, there are also crafts, photos with Santa, a teddy bear hospital, live and silent auctions, gift shop, live entertainment and more!
- December 3rd – The Barton Health Gala – This black tie fundraising event features a live and silent auction, multi course dinner, champagne greeting, wine and a featured cocktail which will be chosen during the cocktail contest. All proceeds help to fund our local hospital and community health needs
- December 1oth – Breakfast with Santa at Kale – 9Am-11Am, Come and join Santa for a delicious pancake breakfast and get your picture taken with him afterwards! Breakfast with pancakes, OJ, hot chocolate and coffee included! $3.00.
- December 22nd – 31st – Heavenly Holidays – During the holiday season Heavenly village hosts their Heavenly Holidays which features carolers, ice sculptors, and a life size snowglobe where you can meet Santa.
- December 29th – 31st – Snowglobe Music Festival – Snowglobe returns to South Lake Tahoe with another three day event filled with music and fun. Located at the Lake Tahoe Community College campus, this music festival features numerous stages, skier and snowboarder displays and more!
- December 31st – New Year’s Eve Celebration – Heavenly Village’s holidays event ends with a bang on New Year’ Eve where they have music, games, fire dancers, a photo booth, ice sculpting performers, fireworks and the world’s only gondola ball drop right at midnight
- 7 nights a week at Cabo Wabo – Live Music at Cabo Wabo – 7 nights a week at Cabo Wabo inside Harveys Casino they have live entertainment along with sports, cocktails & appetizers
- Thursdays at Himmel Haus – Trivia Night – Every Wednesday at 9pm – South Lake’s weekly trivia event where winners are awarded giant biers!!
- Tuesdays at American Legion through the end of October – South Lake Tahoe Farmer’s Market – Every Tuesday from 8am – 1pm, this farmer’s market has local produce, arts & crafts and tasty treats. 2732 Lake Tahoe Boulevard.
- Wednesdays on the Tahoe Queen – Pints & Paddles – Wednesday nights through November 11th, enjoy live music and drinks on the Tahoe Queen
- Fridays & Saturdays at BevMo – Tastings & Demonstrations – Every Friday from 4-7pm and Saturday from 2-5pm, BevMo offers tastings featuring beer, wine and more
- Mother Goose on the Loose – Every Thursday at the South Lake Tahoe Library, for 30 minutes they offer an interactive story time program targeted specifically for ages 0-2.